Recipe: Super Soft Salted Peanut Butter Cookies
1 3/4 cups (packed) light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups peanut butter
Coarse-grained sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk together the light brown sugar and eggs until incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla extract. Add the peanut butter and mix with a spatula until smooth and completely incorporated, and until no ribbons of peanut butter can be seen. The dough is ready when it holds together.
- Using a scoop or a spoon, form the dough into 12 approximately 2-inch balls and place them on the prepared rimmed sheet pan. For smaller cookies, use a heaping tablespoon.
- Sprinkle the dough balls lightly with coarse-grained sea salt just before baking. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, turning the rimmed sheet pan once halfway through baking. When finished, the cookies will be lightly golden and cracked on top. Let cool completely before serving.
- You can bake these cookies as soon as the dough is prepared, but they will retain their shape better if you freeze them for 15 minutes before baking.