Recipe: Spicy Pepper Jack Mac
2 cups cavapatti pasta, uncooked
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 cup milk
½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
¾ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 teaspoon jalapeño, minced
1 teaspoon Tabasco
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Fresh parsley chopped for garnish
- Boil pasta until al-dente.
- Meanwhile add butter to a small saucepan. Heat until melted.
- Stir in flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer whisking constantly for another 3-4 minutes until thick.
- Take off of the heat and whisk in cheese until fully melted.
- Stir in tomatoes, jalapeño, Tabasco, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce over the cooked noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley for garnish.