Recipe: Old World Naturals Slow Cooked Corned Beef Reuben
1 pkg. slow cooked unsured corned beef
4 slices rye or pumpernickel bread
6 slices Emmental cheese
6 oz. Kimchi drained and roughly chopped
3 T. mayo
1 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
1 T. thinly sliced scallion
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 T. butter room temp
- Prepare Sriracha Mayo: Whisk the mayo, scallions, sesame oil and sriracha together and let chill in the refrigerator while assembling the Rueben.
- Place a cast iron pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread the butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Place 3 slices of cheese on one of the unbuttered sides of bread with the kimchi on top of the cheese (this will help keep the liquid from the kimchi from soaking through the bread).
- Liberally spread sriracha mayo and stack the corned beef on the remaining (unbuttered side) slice of bread.
- Cook with the buttered sides down until the cheese starts to melt. Then combine the sides and press with a spatula, flip and press the other side.
- Remove and cut in half while warm and serve.