Recipe: Old World Naturals Hickory Ham Egg & Asparagus
1 pkg. Old World Hickory Smokehouse Uncured Ham
2 bunches asparagus
1 c. olive oil
1 orange zest and juice
1 T. capers
1 tsp. tarragon
1 tsp. chives
1 clove garlic
1 large shallot
salt & pepper to taste
- Prep the ham: Shave the ham as thinly as you can while retaining its structure.
- Prep the asparagus: Chop both bunches of asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Then blanch and shock them.
- Prep the eggs: Boil the eggs for 12 minutes at a low simmer and then shock them in cold water. Then peel, chop, and refrigerate them right away.
- For the sauce gribiche: Chop tarragon and chives, (set aside). Chop shallots and garlic. Drain and rinse capers. Drain and rinse cornichons. Grate orange zest and juice.
- Combine all gribiche ingredients (except tarragon and chives) in food processor and pulse adding the olive oil in three stages, 1/3 at a time. Fold in the tarragon and chives.
- Mix: Asparagus and 2/3 sauce gribiche together place in a serving bowl, top with shaved ham and chopped egg, drizzle the remaining sauce gribiche on top and serve.