Recipe: Mini Ginger Pumpkin Tarts
6″ Tart Pans or 6″ Pastry Rings
For The Tart Crust:
2 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
6 tablespoons butter, melted
For The Filling:
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 large egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Lightly oil the tart pan or rings. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Make the crust by combining the ginger cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl, until well blended. Add the crumbs to the tart pans and evenly press over the bottom and up the sides with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake until set and a bit darker in color, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, condensed milk, egg yolks and salt until well blended. Pour the filling into the cooled crusts, return to the oven, and bake until set and beginning to brown on the top, about 15-20 minutes. Remove tarts from the oven, cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- To serve, carefully remove outer tart shell rings and slice. Eat and enjoy!