Recipe: Mac + Cheese Balls
3 cups macaroni and cheese
2 cups coconut oil, or more, as needed
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups Panko
1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Place macaroni and cheese into the refrigerator until firm, about 3-4 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll macaroni and cheese into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming about 12.
- Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add balls to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with coconut flakes