Recipe: Low Carb Avocado Brownie Cookies
1 ripe avocado, mashed
1/4 cup Sugar-Free maple syrup or regular maple syrup if not low carb
1/2 cup nut butter peanut butter or almond butter if paleo
1 egg or chia egg if vegan
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup powdered cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips or regular if not low carb
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 drops liquid stevia drops
- Preheat oven to 360º F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slightly grease the paper with oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, with the S blade attachment, add ripe avocado and sugar free maple syrup and optional liquid stevia. Process for 30 seconds until it forms a creamy avocado batter with no lumps.
- Stop, add egg, nut butter, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Process again for 30 seconds. Scrape down the bottom and side of the bowl and process for an extra 15 seconds to make sure all the batter is combined with no lumps.
- Transfer the chocolate cookie batter onto a mixing bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla – if using.
- Combine with a spatula until the chocolate chips are evenly incorporated. Test the batter and add one drop of liquid Stevia at a time to add sweetness.
- Use a spoon dipped in warm water to transfer batter onto the baking sheet. Use a silicon spoon or spatula to flatten into cookie shape.
- Repeat until you form 8-12 cookies. Cookies won’t spread so can arrange close to one another.
- Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool down 5 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down.
- Enjoy warm or let come to room temperature before storing in the fridge for up to 5 days.