Recipe: Homemade Baked Apple Cider Donuts
1 1/2 cup of apple cider
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 tablespoons butter1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º F with the donut pan in the oven.
- Begin by condensing the cider. Boil 1 1/2 cup for 15 minutes until it has reduced.
- Pour the cider into a measuring cup, then add butter, milk, vanilla and egg. Stir to combine.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, then stir in wet cider mixture. Consistency should be batter-like.
- Remove the donut pan from the pre-heated oven, then spray or butter the donut pan. Then spoon in mixture 3/4 of the way up the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until set.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Let donuts cool enough to be handled.
- Brush donuts with melted butter, then coat with cinnamon sugar. Serve immediately.