Recipe: Grilled Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil, or more if needed
1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more if needed
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place asparagus in a large shallow bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, going from bottom to top of stalks. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over asparagus. Lightly toss to coat each spear.
- Transfer coated asparagus to the preheated grill with tongs.
- Grill to desired tenderness, 3 to 7 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle asparagus with additional Parmesan cheese.