Recipe: Farmer Focus Meal Prep Chicken Shawarma Bowls
For The Shawarma Spice Mix:
1 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Pinch ground cloves
Salt and pepper
For The Bowls:
1 – 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup cooked quinoa
Juice of a lemon
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the spice mixture then sprinkle generously on the chicken thighs. Season with salt and pepper, too.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet seasoned-side down, then sprinkle any remaining spices on the other side.
- Cook until browned on one side then flip and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked through, about 10-13 minutes.
- Once chicken is done cooking, place on a cutting board to rest.
- In the meantime, prep your bowl. Put a bit of quinoa into a bowl then all the toppings, leaving some space for your chicken.
- Once the chicken is done resting (about 5 minutes), slice chicken into strips then place onto bed of quinoa and drizzle tahini on top.