Recipe: Easy Cheesy String Bean Casserole
4 cups of green beans, ends trimmed and long ones cut in half
1 can chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 (4-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan. Add just enough water to cover green beans. Bring to a boil and simmer 10-12 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms, green beans, condensed mushroom soup, milk, cheddar, 1/2 cup of the French-fried onions, and soy sauce, and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, Top with remaining onions.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.