Recipe: Cowboy Caviar with Martin’s “Pita” Chips
6 Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls, split
2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
2 Avocados, diced
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 (15 oz.) Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11 oz.) Can Sweet Corn, drained
2 Bell Peppers, assorted colors, diced
1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
1 Medium Red Onion, diced
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out each bun half with a rolling pin until flattened. Cut each flattened bun half into 6 triangle-shaped wedges. Arrange bread triangles on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Prepare ingredients as indicated above. Allow diced tomato to drain a bit to remove excess moisture.
- Add diced avocado to a large bowl and sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Gently mix to distribute seasoning.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the bowl along with all remaining ingredients. Stir gently until well-combined.
- If possible, allow it to chill for 1-2 hours prior to serving. When ready to serve, stir gently to redistribute liquid.
- Serve with potato bread “pita” chips for dipping.