Recipe: Cinnamon Streusel Cranberry Nut Bread
1 1/2 cups sugar divided
2/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cranberries roughly chopped
2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour the bottoms and 1/2 inch up the sides of three 5 3/4 x 3 x2-inch loaf pans or a 9 x 5 x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar, 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Stir 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries into batter.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pans. Sprinkle with half of the nut mixture. Top with the remaining batter.
- Stir in the melted butter into the remaining nut mixture and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Toss to mix and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes for 5 3/4-inch pans, 60 to 65 minutes for 9-inch pan / until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack before removing and slicing.