Recipe: Chicken Cobb Lettuce Wraps
3 large eggs
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (recommended: Shenandoah Valley Organic)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
½ teaspoon salt
4 slices bacon
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes or any tomato variety you like, halved or chopped
½ cup blue cheese crumbles (2 ounces)
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1 to 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- Add the 3 eggs to a small pot and fill with enough cold water just to cover the eggs. Bring the eggs to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot with a lid and remove the pot from heat. Let the eggs sit for 12 minutes, covered. Drain the hot water and run cold water over the eggs until they’re cool enough to handle. Peel the eggs and chop or slice. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Place them in a large bowl and add the garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper (optional), and salt. Toss to coat the chicken in the spices.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp on both sides. Transfer the bacon slices to a paper towel-lined plate (keep the skillet on the burner, but turn down the heat to medium if you notice it getting too hot/smoking).
- Add half of the cut-up chicken to the skillet, spread the pieces out in a single layer, and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through (you can test doneness by cutting into one piece of chicken, it should be white and opaque throughout), about 8 minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, add the remaining half of the chicken to the skillet, and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Crumble the cooked bacon.
- Assemble the lettuce cups by layering each cup with a little egg, cooked chicken, crumbled bacon, crumbled blue cheese, tomatoes, and avocado. Serve!