Recipe: Chicken Alfredo Pizza
1 pound pizza dough
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. shallots, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 1/2 tsp. flour
3/4 cup skim milk, room temperature
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
1 cup cooked chicken breast, sliced
1 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, heat the oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the shallot and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add in the flour and whisk everything together cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the milk whisking the sauce as you pour.
- Continue to whisk the sauce for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the pizza dough.
- Top the pizza with the mozzarella and fontina cheese and the sliced chicken.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and top with the chopped parsley, serve immediately.