Recipe: Boar’s Head Gluten-Free EverRoast® Chicken & Cheese Stuffed Peppers
6 large Red peppers
4 slices EverRoast® Oven Roasted Chicken Breast ¼-inch thick slices
1 cup Basil, fresh minced
1½ tbsp Olive oil
1 cup Low sodium chicken broth gluten free
¾ cup Tomato juice
1 tsp Oregano dried
2 cups Brown rice, instant
1 cup Grape tomato chopped finely
¼ cup Canadian Cheddar Cheese shredded
¾ cup Bold 3 Pepper Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- Remove the tops from the peppers and reserve. Remove the seeds.
- Place the peppers in boiling water (without the tops) in a covered saucepan for 4 to 5 minutes until tender, but still keeping their shape. Transfer the pepper bottoms to a roasting pan.
- Mince the chicken with a knife and place in a large mixing bowl with the basil and the olive oil. Toss gently.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth, tomato juice, oregano and rice to a boil; then turn down to a simmer, cooking until the rice is soft (about 6 minutes). Stir in the chopped chicken. Remove from the heat and let stand just a few minutes, covered until the rice absorbs any remaining liquid.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir in half the cheese mixture into the chicken filling and evenly divide among the peppers. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers on a sheet pan and place under the broiler until the cheese melts and turns a light golden color.
- Place peppers on a serving platter with their tops leaning against each one and a basil sprig for garnish on each one. Or, you can prop the top on an angle adhering it to the pepper with a toothpick.