Recipe: Apple Banana Bread
1 3/4 cup flour
3 overripe bananas
2 tbsp. yogurt
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking powder
1.5 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 medium size apple
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1 hour 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip eggs with whisk or mixer.
- Mash bananas until smooth.
- Combine mashed bananas, yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut the apple into pieces – skin on or off, up to you.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana-egg mixture and stir well until combined.
- Once combined gently fold apple chunks into the dough with rubber spatula.
- Grease or line a loaf or cake pan before adding batter.
- Spread the pieces of walnuts evenly on top and gently press into the batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Remove from pan and let sit until completely cool.
- Cut to sliced and serve with sweet butter or cream.