Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Muffins
5 organic, fresh eggs
1/2 c. pumpkin puree (it’s easy to do yourself)
1/3 c. honey
1/3 c. applesauce
2 T. coconut oil (or butter, if you can handle it)
1 t. apple cider vinegar
1 t. maple extract (or vanilla)
1/2-3/4 c. firmly packed coconut flour (I use 3/4 c. of my homemade coconut flour, if you use a conventional brand you will probably want to use the 1/2 c. measurement)
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
3/4 t. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In blender (I used my Blendtec), puree eggs, pumpkin, honey, applesauce, coconut oil, acv, and maple extract.
- Add in coconut flour and spices, pulse to combine, and let the batter sit for about 5 minutes to allow the coconut flour to soak up some of the liquid.
- Sprinkle in baking soda and pulse to combine.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter into lined tins and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins spring back lightly when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.