Recipe: Jalapeño Popper Meatballs
1 pound ground beef
½ white onion, minced
1 to 2 jalapenos, minced
¾ cup plain bread crumbs
½ cup finely shredded cheese
⅓ cup milk
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
4 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13 pan or four sided baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine ground beef, onion, jalapeños, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, milk, Worcestershire sauce, basil, and salt. Mix thoroughly until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Shape into 20 roughly shaped meatballs. Divide the cream cheese into 20 tablespoon-sized pieces, one for each meatball. Working one at a time, take a meatball and flatten it in the palm of your hand. Place a piece of cream cheese in the center and wrap the meatball around the cheese, sealing it inside the middle.
- Place the fully shaped meatballs into the prepared baking pan.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.