Recipe: Bell Pepper Nacho Boats
olive oil spray
1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
21 mini rainbow peppers, halved and seeded
1 cup sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp light sour cream, thinned with 1 tbsp water
2 tbsp sliced black olives
1 jalapeno, sliced thin
chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro and sauté about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and chicken broth, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese and jalapeño slices, if using.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.