Recipe: Bang Bang Shrimp
For The Shrimp:
Oil, for frying
2½ lbs shrimp
1½ cups flour
1 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper
For The Sauce:
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ – 1½ Tablespoons Sriracha
1 Tablespoon honey
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl or a glass measuring cup. Set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the shrimp.
- Pour in about 2 – 3 inches of oil into a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot.
- Peel, devein and clean the shrimp. (see below for directions)
- Set up a breading station for the shrimp.
- Whisk the eggs in one bowl and combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dredge the shrimp in the flour/cornstarch.
- Dip the shrimp in the eggs. Dredge one more time in the back into the flour/cornstarch mixture.
- Bring the oil to a temperature of 350º D. Drop the shrimp in and fry for about 2 min, just until the breading is slightly golden and the shrimp is pink.
- To keep the shrimp warm while you are frying the rest of the batches, place the shrimp on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with paper towels and keep in a 200 degree oven.
- Toss the shrimp in the sauce and serve.
How To Peel, Devein and Clean Shrimp